How To Find Senior (or 55+) Housing
Your first step will be to make a plan on what to do with your current house. We specialize in helping seniors. Contact us for a free home valuation and to map out the best strategic plan to maximize your return and have a smooth hassle free transition into housing that fits your needs 817-381-3800 firstname.lastname@example.org
The term "Senior Housing" is really too broad to accurately describe exactly what you're looking for. If you are uncertain about exactly what kind of housing you need, please scroll down to see "What is Senior Housing."
However, when people ask me about Senior Housing, they are usually looking for a retirement community or housing that specifically caters to senior citizens offering additional amenities, socialization opportunities, and a cruise-like atmosphere. One of the best 55+ housing developments I've ever seen is Robson Ranch. This is a master-planned active adult community with clubs, classes, and social opportunities like no place I've ever seen.
Villas of Stone Glen is another housing development in Keller Texas that is 55+ restricted. Developed by Epcon Communities, the neighborhood will host 115 single family homes from 1607-2000sqft. Amenities include a 3000sqft clubhouse with exercise room, multipurpose event room, media area, and kitchen. Year built construction dates range from 2013-Present and house prices range from the low $300's to mid $400's. If you would like a tour of the premesis or to view the interior of any homes, please give us a call at 817-381-3800.
If you are more interested in leasing, take a look at this list of local apartments and additional housing options at a more affordable price:
- Heritage Senior Living
- 701 Heritage Way, Hurst, TX 76053
- Rent: $1389-$1689
- Sqft: 810-1204
- Services offered: 1 and 2 bedroom floor plans. Wait list for 1 bedrooms. Smoke-free. rent includes continental breakfast, coffee bar, membership to Hurst Senior Center (community shares parking lot), aerobic classes at pool, and discounted At&T package (resident pays $25 and community pays any additional. normal bill is $80), travel to Winstar for $10. pets are allowed for a small monthly fee. Residents pay for electric, water, trash
- Evergreen at Keller
- 501 Bourland Rd, Keller, TX 76248
- Rent: $730-$882
- Sqft: 700-925
- Services offered: floor plans include 1 and 2 bedroom options. Only 2 rent rates. No wait list. Smoke Free. Rent includes bus to grocery store every Tuesday, computer room with printer, community organized activities including fitness 5 days a week, bingo, computer classes, library on site, games nights etc.
- Conservatory at Keller Town Center
- 200 Country Brook Dr, Keller, TX 76248
- Rent: Waiting to confirm
- Sqft: 717-1110
- Services offered: LM for sales team. Unable to get questions answered immediately. 1 and 2 bedroom floor plans. Kitchen in unit or full menu dining service. Professional team onsite 24 hours a day.
- Silver Ridge Assisted Living (and Independent Living Cottages)
- 5314 Bransford Rd, Colleyville, TX 76034
- Rent: $2,700-$3,500
- Sqft: 500-700 (approx)
- Services offered: 6 month minimum lease which can be canceled if medical conditions change. 4 total units with no wait list studio or 1 bedroom only. Can participate in assisted living activities such as bingo, but nothing really set up for independent living people. Units include with rent all utilities, internet, phone, complimentary meals 3 times a day (kitchen is available in the unit), snacks and beverages, weekly housekeeping, weekly medication set up (such as pill boxes), bed linens laundered, and more.
- Sedona Village
- 2800 Sedona Ranch Dr, Fort Worth, TX 76131
- Rent: $600-$880
- Sqft: 716-1007
- Services offered: 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom floorplans. Tax based credit property for fixed income seniors. Rent rates vary depending on what you qualify for. Waitlist also varies. Can be added to waitlist from a short phone call. 2 person income cap to qualify is $33,480. ! person income cap is $29,280. Have activities every day that are mostly resident run. 3 waitlists for 30%, 50% and 60% reduction. 30% has a 3 yr wait-list, 60% has a 1-3 month waitlist. cost of 1 bedroom at 30% is 339/month, 50% 600/month, 60% 731/month. 2 bedrooms at 30% is 409/month, 50% 723/month and 60% is 880/month. No application fee, but $100 deposit for 1 bedroom or $200 deposit for 2 bedroom. Pets under 35 pounds are allowed for $250 deposit and $15/mo rent
What is Senior Housing or 55+ Housing?
The first step is to accurately define exactly what you're looking for. After you do this, the search gets easier.
Obviously, some of these are housing situations you probably wouldn't choose for yourself (eg Alzheimer care). This information might be helpful for someone trying to care for an aging parent. If you are looking at this for personal needs, the more education we have about different types of living situations, the better we can accurately communicate our future wishes and desires to our loved ones that may be helping care for us in the future. Doing a little homework in advance is an incredibly loving and generous gift you can give to those that you may depend on at some point.
Here is a list of different kinds of Senior Housing terms and what they mean:
- CCRC - Seniors buy-in for care for the rest of their lives. Includes all levels of care from independent living to skilled nursing care in one location.
- In Home Senior Care - This can include anything from scheduling entertainment to Hospice supervision in your own home. Lowest cost if only need for part of the day. Usually requires a family member / friend as the primary caregiver
- Retirement community - Own or rent in a community just for seniors. Access to social activities, valet services and often an emergency call system. Other terms that might be considered retirement communities are:
- Senior Co-op
- Active Senior
- Senior Apartments - Total freedom with access to other seniors
- Independent Living - Total freedom with access to other seniors, entertainment, and emergency help
- Respite Care - Includes a wide range of temporary care in a facility
- Assisted Living - Personal Care Homes (PCM's - unique to certain states) care including ADL's plus help with medication and finance (paying bills). Often includes more socialization
- Personal Care Home - Help with meals, hygiene, entertainment, and transportation
- Dementia / Alzheimer Care - Assisted living plus high level of daily supervision
- Nursing Home - Rehabilitation and 24 hr supervision by a skilled nurse
- Hospice Care - End-of-life support at home or at a special care facility
Call us today to get help on mapping out a plan on what to do with your current house. We specialise in helping seniors. Contact us for a free home valuation and to map out the best strategic plan to maximize your return and have a smooth hassle free transition into housing that fits your needs 817-381-3800 email@example.com