To get our help protesting your property tax value (for free) go to www.chandlercrouch.com/protest
I apologize for the brevity. Right now I'm in the middle of helping thousands protest their taxes, so I'm making this blog post in ad-hoc fashion. This won't start as a comprehensive FAQ post, but it might be someday. As I answer people's questions, I will add my responses to this page.
- Why are you protesting for me every year?
- Originally, we helped by answering questions. Our service evolved. We now offer to protest for you for free. To do this the state requires written authorization on an appointment of agent form for us to handle your property tax account. When you complete our free protest request form, you are agreeing for us to place your electronic signature on this form.
- How do I cancel?
- Just complete this Revoke Property Tax Agent 50 813 form and send it to email@example.com This email is purely for appointing tax agents and revoking tax agents to your account. It's free to cancel. We just ask that you send us an email to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When will my protest be complete?
- Filing the protest and completing the protest are two different events. Your protest will be filed before the May 15 deadline. We will attempt to complete your protest as quickly as possible. This year will take a little longer than next year because they are processing documentation that allows us to protest on your behalf. They don't give us a timeline on when the hearing will be scheduled, but it will be before July 20th because that is the appraisal district's own internal deadline. We will try to complete your protest much sooner.
- How will I know when my protest is complete?
- We will send you an email to the address you provided in your request to let you know your protest has been completed and what the outcome was.
- How can I find out the status of my protest?
- It is challenging to communicate with several thousand people, but we've figured out some ways to manage everything in a practical way so that we can still offer these services for free. Please try to help by not emailing to ask about the status of your protest. I know this can be difficult and I understand. Just know, that the confirmation email you receive serves as your status update that your protest will be filed as long as you completed our form with accurate info. Due to high volume, the best way for us to update you is by posting updates on our Facebook page. To receive notifications, please "Like" the page: https://www.facebook.com/chandlercrouchrealtors/
- Who will send me emails?
- Emails regarding tax protests will come from email@example.com Please add this to your email safe list to ensure you receive all our communication does not get flagged as spam.
- Is it necessary for me to send you photos or repair quotes?
- No. We can complete your protest using the market data we have access to as Realtors. If, however, you have any photographs or repair quotes that show the property was in disrepair as of 1/1/2018, you are welcome to send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please make sure to include your property address in the subject line of the email. Unfortunately, flooring, paint, landscaping and fencing issues aren't taken into consideration by the appraisal district.
- What can I do to help you?
- The best thing you can do is share our link in Facebook groups, at church, in your neighborhood or with anyone. We are trying to help as many people as possible. It may motivate people if you tell them all they need to do is sign up once and we'll protest for free every year and they can cancel at any time. No strings attached. Also, if you know of anyone looking to buy or sell a house or anyone that might want to be a Realtor with our company, please send them our way.